- The first university in China
- The first basketball match of China was held in Hebei Medical University
- The first Chinese academic medical journal “Renshen Medicine” was established in Hebei Medical University in 1932.
- The first teaching material “Human Body Systematic Anatomy” was compiled in Hebei Medical University.
- Prfessor Li Chunyan, academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering, reported for the first time internationally a new sub-type of Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS), and named it “actue motor axonal neuropathy”.
- Hebei Medical University is not only a center for medical education and medical care, but also a medical research institute.
- The university enjoys 1 key national discipline, 9 key provincial disciplines, 6 provincial key labs and 1 key lab, co-established by province and Ministry of Education, 8 provincial research institutes. The university has 250 funded research programs each year.
- Hebei Medical University is recognized by WHO, UNESCO, CSC, CMC, MCI, NMC, BMC, PMDC and teaches the whole course with MCI/USMLE/PLAB based exam and preparation of the United States Medical Licensing Examinations and Medical Council of India Screening Test.
- Hebei Medical University is Listed in the websites of Indian Embassy in Beijing http://www.indianembassy.org.cn/DynamicContent.aspx?MenuId=48&SubMenuId=0
in the website of Medical Council of India http://www.mciindia.org/MediaRoom/ListofChinaColleges.aspx and Department of Education of Peoples Republic of China http://www.studyinchina.edu.cn/NewsInfo.asp?Id=384 for conducting M.B.B.S. program in English Medium.